The New VQ35HR Motor
Submitted by gtrrider on Tue, 08/14/2012 - 16:48
Key Features of the HR Motor:
- 10.6:1 compression pistons from the 10.3:1 in the VQ35DE, with first-ever mass-production usage of diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating.
- Asymmetrical piston skirt configuration for weight and friction reduction, allowing a smooth power band up to the 7500-rpm redline with an SAE corrected 306hp.
- Lengthened, pressure-cast connecting rods for reduction of piston side forces.
- Perfectly symmetrical true dual exhaust system.
- Isometric tubular steel exhaust manifold
- Phenolic plastic intake plenum, replacing the cast aluminum design of the prior VQ. Mirroring the dual exhaust is a dual intake system with twin air boxes and dual throttle bodies.
- Bed plate-type lower block to hold the crank.